Why develop apps with Kanso?
- Offline capability: when the cloud's not there, your app will be - flexible data synchronization
- Multi-platform: runs anywhere with CouchDB (Windows, OSX, Linux, Android and iOS)
- Deployment: effortless to deploy, to the cloud or local machines, promoting quick iterations
- Keep your data yours: now you can keep sensitive data in-house, and avoid sharing it with cloud services
- Real-time: add live page updates from multiple users with the built-in changes feed
- Scalability: easily grow from hobby-project to high-demand app with CouchDB
- Easy to distribute: apps are easy to share and distribute, between people and servers
Browse the package repository
Kanso can be described as the NPM for CouchApps, with tools for installing and publishing shared packages while managing dependencies. The Kanso community provides reusable build-tools, modules, templates and more via the online repository. Kanso's built around a powerful packaging system, meaning almost all the functionality can be customized by you.
Find other Kanso developers in #kanso on FreeNode, or on the mailing list.